Thursday, June 7, 2012

keeping organized tip

So here's something I came up with, but I'm absolutely sure I'm not the first to even do it exactly this way... I just thought I'd share it anyway because I find it extremely helpful.

 I adore this:
It's my grandmother's milk glass vase. I finally worked up the courage to ask her for it and she said I could. 
I remember this vase being used - so while I do just like the look of it I also remember it, which makes it special. 

Here's the organization part - I wanted to always remember who's it was and even though I think I will even in old age, if I pass it down I want them to remember too. So I used these handy rubber-bands with tags attached to them (available at staples) and wrote who she was to me (my Nanny), then her real name, her birth year and of course she hasn't passed yet but I'll eventually put the year she passes on it as well. I take it off when in use and put it back on when storing the vase.

It'll be a little family history saved right with a family item... and I think that's pretty cool. These bands are also super useful for a ton of things - I'm currently loving them for organizing electric cords and crafting items.


No comments:

Post a Comment